Copenhagen Business School (CBS) was established in 1917. Today, with 20,000 students and 1,500 employees, CBS is one of the largest business schools in Europe and one of the 8 Danish universities.
CBS is headed by the President who is responsible to the CBS Board of Directors. The Board is responsible to the Minister for Science, Innovation and Higher Education. Besides the president, there are two deans and a university director. As senior management, they are responsible for the day-to-day management of CBS.
The new focus of CBS’ strategy is entrepreneurship and innovation, the programme portfolio and collaboration with the business community and society. The strategy is now ready. It will set the course for CBS from 2017 going forward at least four years.
On 12 October 2016, the Board of CBS gave their full support to the new CBS Strategy. The strategy is a reconfirmation of the “Business in Society” strategy from 2011 but the senior management has chosen the following three new transformational initiatives from 2017-2020:
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- CBS’ programme portfolio
- Collaboration with the business community and society
The overall strategic direction is clear: We will strengthen our position as a broad, interdisciplinary business university always maintaining a focus on our impact on the society and a commitment to research and research-based education. We wish to contribute to society by finding new answers to societal challenges through academically excellent research and we engage with society through multi-lateral, interactive, continuous relationships that link integrative thinking with societal practices in ways that are mutually rewarding.
CBS is an international business university. With the distinctiveness of its diversity, CBS combines elements from conventional business schools and the "full university" model – always maintaining a focus on our impact on the society and a commitment to research and research-based education. We play a major role in the discussion of innovative and entrepreneurial business models, sustainable organizational forms and economic practices within the perspective of responsible management and leadership. We nurture an entrepreneurial spirit within CBS, encouraging to new ideas, open to individual initiative and flexible in the face of new opportunities.
CBS has a particular responsibility to bring knowledge and new thinking to companies and organizations, to the next generation of business leaders, and to society as a whole. Our major contribution takes the form of research and research-based education. We have an obligation to educate both young and experienced people for the business world and for society by providing them with a sound basis of knowledge and insights from the latest international research for the purpose of value creation and sustainable development.
CBS aims to become a world-leading business university that recognizes the vital role of business and the public sector in shaping society – and the equally important manner in which business practices and processes are shaped by society. At the core of our future development will be the training of students capable of contributing with innovation and entrepreneurship to high-level employment, and the creation of research which is both academically excellent and contributes significantly to finding new answers to societal challenges. The precondition is an attractive, responsible and engaging work that involves employees and students and high international standard in everything we do – and an organization that has the capacity to integrate and co-create with the surrounding society.
CBS strives to assure high quality in all its services
Quality assurance at CBS includes the following regular activities:
- International accreditations (EQUIS, AMBA, AACSB)
- International Benchmarks as a recurrent activity
- Peer review of research departments at least once every 5 years
- National Programme accreditation by ACE Denmark according to Danish legislation
- Course and Programme evaluations as a regular activity at the end of each element
QUALITY IN TEACHING
At CBS quality in teaching includes the following elements:
- Clear learning goals for the programme and individual courses, describing expected student competencies at the end of the programme
- A curriculum that reflects the newest international knowledge within the disciplines of the programme
- Pedagogical models that support the attainment of the learning goals
- Measurement and follow up on the realization of the intended learning goals, with regular and systematic feedback to the programme committee and course responsible
- Systematic dialogue with external stakeholders in order to certify that the programme maintains to meet the needs of business and society
- A teaching staff with academic and pedagogical competencies to deliver research-based teaching at the highest international level
- An administration and campus facilities that optimally support the students’ learning and personal development
Oppilaitoksessa tarjolla ohjelmia seuraavilla aloilla: